Our research has resulted in more effective treatment patterns and cure rates that are higher than the national averages.
Since 1985, the physicians from the NYWCRF have been pioneers in clinical research to improve cure rates for women with ovarian, uterine, endometrial, cervical and other gynecological cancers. The NYWCRF is one of the most productive, efficient and innovative clinical research groups in the U.S. and the world. NYWCRF designs, conducts and publishes research on leading-edge medical advances.
NYWCRF is not only conducting and publishing original research, we are a clearinghouse for information about the latest advancements in treating gynecological cancers for physicians and patients.
- Our approach results in publishing 12 to 15 research papers per year in prestigious journals such as Gynecologic Oncology, International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer and Obstetrics and Gynecology. View Publications List [pdf].
- NYWCRF has developed collaborative research relationships with prominent pharmaceutical and biotech companies including Merck, Amgen, Eli Lilly, Genentech-Roche, Pfizer, Endocyte, Centocor Ortho Biotech, Nektar Therapeutics, Abbott Laboratories, and Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc..
Expert Doctors, Dedicated Research Staff.
Lisa N. Abaid, M.D., M.P.H.
John V. Brown, M.D.
Alberto A. Mendivil, M.D.
John P. Micha, M.D.
Kristina M. Mori, M.D.
Bram Goldstein, Ph.D
Katrina Lopez, CCRC
Project Design and Outreach
John P. Micha, M.D.
Gloria Alkire, Ed.D.
Board of Directors
Norman Crawford, D.D.S.
John West, M.D.
Legal Consult (pro bono; thank you!)
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton
Elliott, Lewis, Lieber & Stumpf
UBS Financial Services
Joseph Schirripa, VP
The best way to donate to cancer research is to:
- Donate directly to the organization that actually does the research.
- Stipulate in your donation that your funds must go to the research you want to support.
- Stipulate the percentage of overhead you are willing to pay.
- Stipulate whether you want funds to go to research, or if it is acceptable to go to building construction. Cancer centers and hospitals love to build buildings as their "research project." This is generally a misuse of research funds in our opinion.
- Stipulate that if the funds are not used as you directed, they are to be returned to you.
- Track the peer publications rate of the research group you donate to.Publications are the metric for tracking a research group's productivity.
NYWCRF is a public nonprofit 501(c)(3) foundation. Our physicians have been involved in research dating back to 1971. In 1999 the foundation was incorporated as a charitable 501(c)(3) foundation so that our patients, families, and other donors could support our research effort. Donations are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
TAX ID #: 33-0865870
Major Donors and Research Sponsors
- Merck, Inc.
- Gynecologic Oncology Associates
- John Micha, MD
- Carl Wynn Foundation
- S.L. Gimbel Foundation
- The Big Kahuna Bike Ride
- Burton Construction, Inc.
- Vitalogy Foundation - Pearl Jam
- The Bama Works Fund of Dave Matthews Band
- Oso Home Care
- St. Joseph Hospital Cancer Center
- Hoag Hospital Cancer Center
- John & Hilda Arnold Foundation
- Judy Burton Swing for the Cure
- Helsinn Oncology
- Orange County Community Foundation
- The Revlon Foundation
- Walter and Maureen Snell Endowed Fund
- Ebell Club of Canyon Hills
- Earth Friendly Products
- Angels on the Frontline
- Heron Therapeutics
- AIVITA Biomedical
- Genentech, Inc.
- Jameson Foundation
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Smith Kline Beecham
- Eli Lilly
- Ortho Biotech
- Atairgin Technologies, Inc.
- Cell Therapeutics
351 Hospital Road, Suite 506
Newport Beach, CA 92663